Thursday, August 27, 2015

Dear Diary 8/25

I went to Washington DC last weekend. It was my first time there. We walked down the streets to Lincoln memorial center with my Taiwanese friend who studies computer science in Baltimore. Although he had been there for three times, he hadn't visited some places where he visited with me this time. It was so beautiful there. The sun was shining and the sky was so clear. People crowded in and flooded out to take pictures with the Abb statue. When I stepped in, I can't stop imagine the moment that Martin Luther King Jr. had a speech here. Thousands of people listened to the historical speech. "Four scores and seven years ago..." The speech echoed in the hall and I could barely hear that. It deeply stroke my mind. I couldn't forget it for the rest of my life.

1 comment:

  1. Washington D.C. is such an amazing city and the Lincoln Memorial is very moving. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete